Dr. Girish S. Deodhar
Programme Director (Combat Aircraft) & Dir – ADA
Dr. Girish S. Deodhare was born on October 9, 1963. He did his B. Tech in Electrical Engineering(1984), M.Tech in Controls and Instrumentation(1986) both from IIT Bombay and Ph.D (1990) in Control Theory from University of Waterloo, Canada.
He started his career in DRDO as Scientist in Centre for AI and Robotics (CAIR), Bangalore from 1990 till 2007. In March 2007 he joined the Aeronautical Development Agency as Scientist ‘G’. He was elevated to Outstanding Scientist/Sc ‘H’ during July 2012.
He is a Lead Member of the National Control Law (CLAW) team for LCA and is Project Director (CLAW) since 2016. In 2013 he took over as the Technology Director (Integrated Flight Control Systems), ADA and held additional charge of Associate Programme Director (New Programmes and Systems Engineering) from 2015. He is involved in the design and development of flight control systems for the Indian Light Combat Aircraft using both classical and modern control synthesis techniques.
On April 28, 2017 he took over as the Programme Director (Combat Aircraft) and Director, ADA to lead the Tejas (LCA) programme
Awards and Honours:
- “Distinguished Alumnus Award”, IIT Bombay, 2016.
- “DRDO Award for Performance Excellence”, 2013 (in a team of 18).
- “National Aeronautical Prize” awarded by Aeronautical Society of India for contributions to “FBW Control Law for LCA”, 2002 (one among a Team of seven).
- “Technology Shield” from National Aerospace Laboratories for “Outstanding Achievement in LCA CLAW Design, Certification and Successful Flight Test”, 2001 (as member of National CLAW Team)
- Marconi International Fellowship’s “Young Scientist Award” for the year 1996
- INAE “Young Engineers Award” for the year 1996.
- “DRDO Technological Award” for the year 1994 (with Dr. Amitabh Saraf)
More than 40 publications in peer reviewed International Journals and Conferences.: